Lindley M. Moore House, Rochester New York
Lindley Murray Moore, the Quaker builder of the house, was the first president and recording secretary of the Rochester Anti-Slavery Society in 1838. At the same time he was vice-president of the Rochester Temperance Society. He taught for some time in local public schools, eventually becoming a principal. From 1848-50 Moore was the principal of Haverford Friend's School, now known as Haverford College, located outside of Philadelphia. Moore's son, Dr. Edward Mott Moore, was a well known doctor and prominent citizen of Rochester.
Other owners, including prominent Rochester citizens, doctors, a Congressman and County Treasurer, by their selection of the Moore House as a residence indicated not only the desirability of the house, but also the prestigious location of the house in the Third ward, now a National Historic District.
Over-all dimensions: Thirty-two feet, two inches by forty-four feet, two inches; five bays by three bays; two stories; rectangular layout.