Bethlehem Train Station, Bethlehem Pennsylvania
This one and one-half story brick mansard roofed station with canopy skirt supported by elaborate brackets on all four sides stands on the north side of the Central Railroad of New Jersey tracks in Bethlehem. One room deep by four long, bilaterally symetrical with a central telegrapher's bay, it sports elaborate bracketed cornices at both top and bottom of the mansard faces and barge board with crossed timbers, florals, and stars in the eaves at its central cross gable.
Built in 1873. The Bethlehem Jaycees leased the station in 1962 from the railroad and restored it as a restaurant with the consulatlon of Charles H. Bauber, AIA, (Newark, NJ) . Between 1977 and 1979, it was subleased by the operators of Train's Inn Restaurant, an operation that went bankrupt in August 1979.