Emil Bach House - Frank Lloyd Wright, Chicago Illinois
This is one of the few houses in the Chicago area done by Frank Lloyd Wright after returning from Europe in 1911 and before going to Japan to supervise the work on the Imperial Hotel. It is a late modification of the "Fireproof House" design published in the Ladies Home Journal in 1906 and is an example of the architects attempt to "destroy the box."
Emil Bach was one of four brothers who owned and operated the Bach Brick Company. A second of these brothers, Otto, had purchased the Oscar Steffens house at 7631 Sheridan Road in 1912, which is also Frank Lloyd Wright designed.